dan and phil opening a door to your tumblr
- breath in for 4 seconds
- hold your breath for 7 seconds
- exhale breath for 8 seconds
repeat once or twice more.
This causes an autonomic nervous system shift from a sympathetic (fight or flight reaction) state to a parasympathetic response.
Use this for panic/anxiety attacks, exams, presentations.
Never not reblog
Tumblr got anxiety advice. Fuck yeah.
Read this earlier, and it helped me a lot tonight.
nicki looks like shes fucking arguing with fans
And this is why you can never fucking trust the media
i’m not like other girls. actually, i’m nothing like other girls. and that girl u saw get on the bus earlier isn’t like other girls either. it’s surprising, really. it’s almost as if everybody is different from each other. holy shit
Or, you know, you could just stop saying sorry.
I take it you don’t have anxiety.
You can’t “just stop saying sorry”. You do something, something so little, like accidentally bump into someone. You feel horrible about it. Your brain starts panicking and you have trouble trying to breathe. You stutter an apology. They say it’s okay, but you accidentally do it again, and you apologize again. They just say “Aha, you can stop saying sorry.” And you feel horrible that you’ve probably made them angry or upset, so you mutter out an apology for the third stupid time, and they just say to stop saying sorry. Stop saying sorry.
You can’t just tell someone to stop saying you’re sorry.
I want that comment on flyers so I can hang them in my school
reblogging this one for the GOOD commentary.
If you’re going to tell someone to stop saying sorry say, “You don’t have to apologize to me.” and smile. If they say sorry again just say, “You’re fine.” and keep smiling and move on. The faster the situation is resolved the faster the person with anxiety can start to calm down. Please don’t get angry at someone for saying sorry, sometimes that’s all the person feels like they can do.
I’ve always been really bad about this and as a kid I’d always do it around my parents and my mom would always say “STOP SAYING YOURE SORRY.” thank you to the helpful comment.
I encounter this phenomenon at least once a week.
1. Drink water
2. Call your grandmother
3. Thank the bus driver
4. Experience something new (watch the sunrise, go to somewhere you’d never see yourself at)
5. Tell someone you miss them
6. Buy your mom a flower
7. Search for milkshakes recipes and try some
8. Start a conversation with someone you know is crazy about talking to you
9. Be concentrated at school/work
10. Exercise outside
11. Bring your headphones everywhere
12. Listen to a new kind of music
13. Watch tv series you used to watch in your childhood
14. Appreciate things; look at someone in the eye when you say thank you
15. Greet your friends with a hug
16. Those who are quiet know it, don’t point that out
17. Forgive someone you’ve been mad at for a long time
18. Eat clean
19. Take pictures of the sky at different times of the day and then put it all together
20. Go to the coffee shop by yourself, watch people around you
21. Dance freely
22. Compliment on more than appearances
23. Bake cupcakes and offer them to your friends
24. Say goodmorning to a stranger and say it to another two for each one that doesn’t say it back
25. Ice cream
26. Offer your help
27. Use a new outfit
28. Be humble
29. Don’t search for old photographs, take new ones
30. Remember to go out some time but also remember how great it feels to be home
|—||30 ways to improve your day (via ducelie)|
- funny stories
- weird stories
- confessions of your love for me
- anything goes!
(except for hate)
anon or not, i will publish and respond to everything!
will be using the tag sleepover saturday if u wanna blacklist it